I am dreading my flight home next week. Partly because it means leaving my paradise adventure and partly because it’s a 16 hour journey including two flights with just Arthur.
He is a stereotypical toddler boy….he loves running, climbing, pressing buttons, opening everything. He doesn’t like sitting still, being constrained, being told no and not being able to explore.
When I travelled over he was 10 months and he was amazing, as you can see in the picture. So maybe just maybe I’m worrying about nothing (fingers crossed). But I’m putting some plans in place to try and help make it as smooth as possible, I will write a follow up post to let you know how it goes and would I have done differently.
My travel preps:
1. New toy. A toy where he can screw parts together. He loves putting bottle tops on so hoping he will like this
2. Hidden some toys and his favourite book (giraffes can’t dance) so hopefully they’ll amuse him again. And a bag for the toys so he can put them in and take them out again
3. Selection of snacks…lots of different types! I find that food can sometimes be a good distraction and empty drink bottles to fill up past security
4. Charged iPad and phone. I have a couple of sensory type apps although he just likes pressing the home button and swiping the screen
5. Blankets in case he gets cold
6. Changes of clothes and nappies. Can waste 10 minutes changing an outfit in a different area
7. My trusty sling to walk him up and down if necessary
8. Keep him awake and active in airports, maybe use the play area in Dubai so he will hopefully be tired and sleep on the plane
9. Feeding shawl so I can keep him on the boob and try to be a little discrete!
10. Keep my sense of humour!!!!!
I am really very nervous about the flight. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated!!!